There are few things that I have been doing –
- While teaching class 12th last year, for each class I would keep record of
- a) students NOT in class (I did not go by the class attendance for the day as at times, for various reasons students are in school but not in class),
- b) duration of the class (whether it was for 1 period, or 2 combined periods, or block teaching for 1 hour, or extra class for 3 hours, etc),
- c) What did I teach in that class.
- There is that Unit wise analysis working smoothly, where we can see which topic is weak. Even in that we can see whether it is the long answers or short answers that are poor, OR whether it is knowledge or its application which is missing. (It’s a software where we post marks for each question. As the questions are tagged for the topics they are from, whether they are knowledge based or application based etc, a report can be generated for each child, and for each topic, or even for each question)
- Also there are the scores from self-assessing quizzes in Google Forms which I have posted on my website. (Another headache exists there, as the score from each quiz is in a separate Sheet)
I wish these could be correlated automatically. Right now while discussing the progress or the issues with a child, I do it manually. I know what I am thinking when I am doing the discussion. I can teach that to another person who could do it for me. But it would be much more productive if I could teach it to a machine.
With time the machine would get better and better.
What do you say?