Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body as per CBSE Curriculum; Mapped to NCERT.
Click on the next Tab “Curriculum” to start.
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion Centre of mass of a two-particle system, momentum conservation and centre of mass motion. Centre of mass of a rigid body; centre of mass of a uniform rod. Moment of a force, torque, angular momentum, law of conservation of angular momentum and its applications. Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rigid body rotation and equations of rotational motion, comparison of linear and rotational motions. Moment of inertia, radius of gyration, values of moments of inertia for simple geometrical objects (no derivation). Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
- Self-Assessing Quizzes (using Google Forms) at every page to check Learning Outcomes.
- Extra Assignments with Subjective and Objective type Questions.
- Exercises from NCERT incorporated in the content itself at appropriate places.
- Questions from previous year’s exams incorporated in the content at appropriate places.
- Lectures 17
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 35 hours
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Chapter 7 Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- 7.1 Introduction
- 7.2 Centre of mass
- 7.3 Motion of centre of mass
- 7.4 Linear momentum of a system of particles
- 7.5 Vector product of two vectors
- 7.6 Angular velocity and its relation with linear velocity
- 7.7 Torque and angular momentum
- 7.7b Angular Momentum and its conservation
- 7.7c The cycle wheel Gyroscope
- 7.8 Equilibrium of a rigid body
- 7.9 Moment of inertia
- 7.10 Theorems of perpendicular and parallel axes
- 7.11 Kinematics of rotational motion about a fixed axis
- 7.12 Dynamics of rotational motion about a fixed axis
- 7.13 Angular momentum in case of rotations about a fixed axis
- 7.14a Finding velocity and acceleration of any point for a body undergoing Translation+Rotation
- 7.14 Rolling motion