Oscillations and Waves
OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES as per CBSE Curriculum; Mapped to NCERT.
Periodic motion – time period, frequency, displacement as a function of time, periodic functions. Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation; phase; oscillations of a loaded spring-restoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M. Kinetic and potential energies; simple pendulum derivation of expression for its time period. Free, forced and damped oscillations (qualitative ideas only), resonance.
Wave motion: Transverse and longitudinal waves, speed of travelling wave, displacement relation for a progressive wave, principle of superposition of waves, reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and organ pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics, Beats, Doppler effect.
- Self-Assessing Quizzes (using Google Forms) at every page to check Learning Outcomes.
- Extra Assignments with Subjective and Objective type Questions.
- Exercises from NCERT incorporated in the content itself at appropriate places.
- Questions from previous year’s exams incorporated in the content at appropriate places.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 28
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Chapter 14 Oscillations
- 14.1 Introduction
- 14.2 Periodic and oscillatory motions
- 14.3 Simple harmonic motion
- 14.4 Simple harmonic motion and uniform circular motion
- 14.5 Velocity and acceleration in simple harmonic motion
- 14.6 Force law for simple harmonic motion
- 14.7 Energy in simple harmonic motion
- 14.8 Some systems executing Simple Harmonic Motion
- 14.9 Damped simple harmonic motion
- 14.10 Forced oscillations and resonance
Chapter 14b Waves