Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism as per CBSE Curriculum; Mapped to NCERT..
Chapter–4: Moving Charges and Magnetism Concept of magnetic field, Oersted’s experiment. Biot – Savart law and its application to current carrying circular loop. Ampere’s law and its applications to infinitely long straight wire. Straight and toroidal solenoids (only qualitative treatment), force on a moving charge in uniform magnetic and electric fields, Cyclotron. Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field, force between two parallel current-carrying conductors-definition of ampere, torque experienced by a current loop in uniform magnetic field; moving coil galvanometer-its current sensitivity and conversion to ammeter and voltmeter.
Chapter–5: Magnetism and Matter Current loop as a magnetic dipole and its magnetic dipole moment, magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron, magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis, torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field; bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid, magnetic field lines; earth’s magnetic field and magnetic elements. Para-, dia- and ferro – magnetic substances, with examples. Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths, permanent magnets.
- Self-Assessing Quizzes (using Google Forms) at every page to check Learning Outcomes.
- Extra Assignments with Subjective and Objective type Questions.
- Exercises from NCERT incorporated in the content itself at appropriate places.
- Questions from previous year’s CBSE exams incorporated in the content at appropriate places.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 7
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Chapter 4 Moving Charges and Magnetism
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Magnetic Force
- 4.3 Motion in a Magnetic Field
- 4.4 Motion in Combined Electric and Magnetic Fields
- 4.5 Magnetic Field due to a Current Element, Biot-Savart Law
- 4.6 Magnetic Field on the Axis of a Circular Current Loop
- 4.7 Ampere’s Circuital Law
- 4.8 The Solenoid and the Toroid
- 4.9 Force between Two Parallel Currents, the Ampere
- 4.10 Torque on Current Loop, Magnetic Dipole
- 4.11 The Moving Coil Galvanometer
Chapter 5 Magnetism and Matter