Computer Science Python(083) 11th
UNIT 1. Computational Thinking and Programming
- 1.1: Features of Python, Python Character Set, Token & Identifiers, Keywords, Literals, Delimiters, operators.
- 1.2: Comments: (Single line & Multiline/ Continuation statements), Clarity & Simplification of expression.
- 1.3. Introduce the notion of a variable, and methods to manipulate it (concept of L-value and R-value even if not taught explicitly).
- 1.4: Knowledge of data types and operators: accepting input from the console, assignment statement, expressions, operators and their precedence.
- 1.5: Operators & types: Binary operators-Arithmetic, Relational operators, Logical Operators, Augmented Assignment operators.
- 1.6: Conditional statements: if, if-else, if-elif-else; simple programs: e.g.: absolute value, sort 3 numbers and divisibility.
- 1.7: Notion of iterative computation and control flow: for(range(), len()), while, flowcharts, suggested programs: interest calculation and factorials, etc.
- 1.8: Strings: Traversing, compare, concat, substring.
- 1.9: Lists in Python
- 1.10: Importing Modules
- 1.11: Tuple in Python
- 1.12: Dictionary in Python
- 1.13: Regular expression and pattern matching
Society, Law and Ethics