Electrostatics as per CBSE Curriculum; Mapped to NCERT.
Click on the next Tab “Curriculum” to start.
Chapter–1: Electric Charges and Fields
Electric Charges; Conservation of charge, Coulomb’s law-force between two point charges, forces between multiple charges; superposition principle and continuous charge distribution.
Electric field, electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines, electric dipole, electric field due to a dipole, torque on a dipole in uniform electric field.
Electric flux, statement of Gauss’s theorem and its applications to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
Chapter–2: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Electric potential, potential difference, electric potential due to a point charge, a dipole and system of charges; equipotential surfaces, electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges and of electric dipole in an electrostatic field.
Conductors and insulators, free charges and bound charges inside a conductor. Dielectrics and electric polarisation, capacitors and capacitance, combination of capacitors in series and in parallel, capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium between the plates, energy stored in a capacitor.
- Self-Assessing Quizzes (using Google Forms) at every page to check Learning Outcomes.
- Extra Assignments with Subjective and Objective type Questions.
- Exercises from NCERT incorporated in the content itself at appropriate places.
- Questions from previous year’s CBSE exams incorporated in the content at appropriate places.
- Lectures 34
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 33 hours
- Language English
- Students 99
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
0.0 How to reach out to me
Chapter 1 Electric Charges and Field
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Electric Charge
- 1.3 Conductors and Insulators
- 1.4 Charging by Induction
- 1.5 Basic Properties of Electric Charge
- 1.6 Coulomb’s Law
- 1.7 Forces between multiple Charges
- 1.7b Visualising Electric Field and Potential using PhET Simulation
- 1.8 Electric Field
- 1.9 Electric Field Lines
- 1.10 Electric Flux
- 1.11 Electric Dipole
- 1.12 Dipole in a uniform Electric Field
- 1.13 Continuous Charge Distribution
- 1.14 Gauss’s Law
- 1.15 Applications of Gauss’s Law
Chapter 2 Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Electrostatic Potential
- 2.3 Potential due to a Point Charge
- 2.4 Potential due to an Electric Dipole
- 2.5 Potential due to a System of Charges
- 2.6 Equipotential Surfaces
- 2.7 Potential Energy of a System of Charges
- 2.8 Potential Energy in an External Field
- 2.9 Electrostatics of Conductors
- 2.10 Dielectrics and Polarisation
- 2.11 Capacitors and Capacitance
- 2.12 The Parallel plate Capacitor
- 2.13 Effect of dielectric on Capacitance
- 2.14 Combination of Capacitors
- 2.15 Energy stored in a Capacitor
- 2.16 Van De Graaff Generator
GreatAll topics have been explained to the fullest.